kitana: (Default)
[personal profile] kitana




It was only a matter of time before I got around to perving all over the possession/marking square. There’s something about the concept that just does it for me, and my best examples are in “…oh.”-inducing music. Thus this fanmix was born!

As I was compiling this fanmix I already knew it was going to be an interesting interpretation since my views on possession/ownership are pretty broad and gets a bit muddled up in other kinks. Especially in the fanmix image, where the red threads of fate could more or less be read as being ‘bound’ rather than ‘possessed’, but I find that part of ownership is the process of making sure everyone and that person knows they belong to you.

Now, on to the fanmix!

My first choice was Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5. As soon as I heard the lyrics for this song, I knew it needed to be on this mix.

Take me by the tongue and I'll know you
Kiss me 'til you're drunk and I'll show you

I don't need to try to control you
Look into my eyes and I'll own you


Next up is For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert. This song is near and dear to my heart and never fails to ping me.

No escaping when I start
Once I'm in I own your heart

It's alright
You'll be fine
Baby, I'm in control


Third up is Pet by A Perfect Circle. Just the name of the song alone implies ownership, and from that lens you then get this!

Stay with me
Safe and ignorant
Just stay with me
Hold you and protect you from the other ones


As one of my favourite bands, I’d be remiss to forget to somehow include them in a fanmix! So the next song is Devour by Disturbed.

Still enough
Although I know you're not begging
Give me a reason to make you mine


Now, on to the marking half of this kink! The first one I chose was Every You, Every Me by Placebo.

My hearts a tart, your body's rent
My body's broken, yours is bent
Carve your name into my arm
Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed


Lastly is Howl by Florence and the Machine! This one kind of does double duty for possession and marking, as the song’s character can be considered possessed by its wolfish spirit, and also marking because…

Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart
My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl


And… the end! :D

If you'd like to download this mix, feel free here. It's on my own server/domain, so not too much hotlinking, k?

The image is Rin and Yukio Okumura from the awesome anime Blue Exorcist/Ao no Exorcist. Credits for the image are currently unknown (to me), as I found it on fuckyeahblueexorcist.tumblr.com and there was no source listed. If you are the artist or know the artist, I would be happy to credit!

Profile

kitana: (Default)
Kitana the Universe Collision Specialist

December 2015

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930 31  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 05:10 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios