So! I bought a couple of angel dictionaries to research a story I'm kicking around, and this is relevant to the Supernatural fan in me:
Cassiel — the angel of solitudes and tears who "shews forth the unity of the eternal kingdom." Ruler of the planet Saturn, and ruling prince of the 7th heaven. One of the 3 angels of Saturday, serving with Machatan and Uriel.
Castiel — a Thursday angel mentioned in occult lore.
I imagine that our Cas is modeled after Cassiel, and not his actual namesake. XD
Furthermore! I have learned that, apparently, Lucifer and Satan are not the same being. Lucifer was the name given to Satan from a misinterpretation of Isaiah 14:12, but is actually a separate angelic entity. Because the passage from Isaiah 14:12 states: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning," it was assumed Lucifer = fallen angel. It was, if I'm reading right, actually in reference to Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon.
In other news, I shoveled snow today! :D
Cassiel — the angel of solitudes and tears who "shews forth the unity of the eternal kingdom." Ruler of the planet Saturn, and ruling prince of the 7th heaven. One of the 3 angels of Saturday, serving with Machatan and Uriel.
Castiel — a Thursday angel mentioned in occult lore.
I imagine that our Cas is modeled after Cassiel, and not his actual namesake. XD
Furthermore! I have learned that, apparently, Lucifer and Satan are not the same being. Lucifer was the name given to Satan from a misinterpretation of Isaiah 14:12, but is actually a separate angelic entity. Because the passage from Isaiah 14:12 states: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning," it was assumed Lucifer = fallen angel. It was, if I'm reading right, actually in reference to Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon.
In other news, I shoveled snow today! :D